Fulcrum Wind 40 DB Disc Road Wheelset
It's natural to point out that the design of the 40 mm rim is the direct descendant of the 55 profile: all the solutions developed for the higher profile have been included here, in a less specialised version.
So 40 mm, a light rim, created by the superposition of wide, modern unidirectional layers, with a pronounced profile (8 mm radius): innovative shapes, designed to blend with the tyre in a single element capable of eliminating turbulence, avoiding interrupting the flow of air that meets the wheel during the race.
But 40 mm also means versatility, because it is generally one of the sizes most appreciated by those who do not want to overdo things, but want an excellent wheel uphill, stiff and snappy, precise when riding. The system is completed with aluminium hubs, designed at the CNC, which support 24 "straight pull" spokes, guaranteeing maximum overall rigidity, both in acceleration and when braking, without influences due to the asymmetric nature of the forces coming from the disc and cogset.
Wind 40 DB is certainly the multi-purpose choice, with a strong focus on aerodynamics, to be fast, very fast, uphill, fast, very fast, on the flat, and just as much so downhill.
- Discipline: Road / Triathlon
- Tyre type: 2-Way fit (for clincher and tubeless)
- Tyre size: 28"
- Rim material: Carbon
- Rim material details: Full carbon, "UD" - carbon fiber finishing
- Profile height: Medium
- Rim height (front and rear): 40 mm
- Rim width: 27 mm
- Inner rim width (channel): 19 mm
- Tyre width: From 23 mm to 50 mm
- Braking system: Disc brake
- Braking surface/brakes options: AFS Center Lock
- Front wheel spokes: 24 (16 left - 8 right)
- Rear wheel spokes: 24 (8 left - 16 right)
- Spokes material: Stainless steel, double butted
- Spokes profile: Rounded, straight pull
- Nipples: Aluminum
- Front hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- Rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings
- Others: Aluminum Axle
- ASTM CATEGORY: 2
- Weight limit: 109 kg (cyclist)
- Weight (manufacturer, pair): 1620 gr.
- Front: HH12/100
- Rear: HH12/142
- Fwb options: HG11, Campy, XDr
Thru axle not included.
|Size||Ø 700 Corsa - ETRTO 622|
|Brake Type||Disk Center Lock|
|Freehub Type||Shimano HG, Campagnolo 12s|
If you have purchased or received an incorrect product, if you need to replace or activate the conventional warranty open an RMA request using the Returns Management module in your Account
Gambacli ships all over the world, you can add your products to the cart and get an estimate of the shipping costs. All shipping services have a tracking number which is emailed to the customer once the order has been shipped so that they can track the process (please note that for some services the tracking number will only be available after 24 hours).
COURIER AND DELIVERY TIMES
Gambacicli uses different couriers depending on the package size.
- For non-bulky packages: Standard UPS (2-5 days)
- For bulky packages: DPD (4-5 days)
- For non-bulky packages: UPS Saver (2 days USA and 3-4 days Asia / rest of the world)
- For bulky packages (wheels, maintenance stands, rollers, bicycles...): usually EMS (10/15 days)
The shipment of orders in which the cart provides confirmation of availability of all items is guaranteed within 48h (excluding holidays). In 95% of cases, the fulfillment of the order takes place the working day following receipt.
Orders are processed quickly and, for available items, they are entrusted to the courier in 24/48h.
Pay easily and safely with PayPal, Credit Card, cash on delivery or Money Transfer. Your privacy is granted by verified connections and the best security technologies.
Something went wrong with your order? Just open a guided return request from your account and you'll receive the assistance you need.
For any answer, our Customer Care is at your disposal.
Login and Registration Form